Self-Managed Superannuation Funds
Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF’s) are the vehicle of choice for savvy individuals and families to create and protect wealth for their future. They need not only be for the wealthy, and are available to groups of up to 4 members at a minimal of cost and in many cases at a cost that is cheaper than where investor's super is currently invested.
Investors often think of superannuation as purely a tax savings vehicle, but when it comes to asset protection, SMSF’s are the most secure tax structure under the Australian tax system to hold your family’s and your business’ assets, as well as being incredibly tax effective.
SMSF’s offer investors the flexibility to invest across all asset classes with complete control over the decision making process. At Sapient our aim is to educate and guide investors through the process of establishing, and running their SMSF and the opportunities they choose to invest in.
Having an SMSF comes with regulatory obligations and it is important that you understand these rules and remain within the confines of the law. Sapient is here to ensure you remain compliant and your SMSF is able to maximize its potential to deliver the greatest possible benefit and living standard to you in retirement.
Some interesting facts;
- SMSF’s are now the largest sector in the superannuation industry
- There is over $500 billion of Australian's savings in SMSF's
- There are more than 500,000 SMSF's in Australia
- Almost 1 million people are members of SMSF's
- SMSF's are the fastest growing segment of the superannuation industry
- 33,546 new SMSF's were established in the 2013 financial year